Living Food Lifestyle tm.
Ann Wigmore's Living Food s Lifestyle is based
on her belief that most mental and physical illness are
caused by deficiency and toxemia. She developed this
lifestyle to both detoxify and regenerate the body for
maximum good health, rejuvenation and long life.
Living Food s are uncooked, free from animal
products, organic, easy to digest, rich in enzymes, and
highly nutritious. They include home-grown sprouted grains
and beans, vegetables, fruits, nuts, fermented preparations,
dehydrated snacks and delicious deserts such as fruit and nut
pies and fruit ice cream. Have you heard of wheatgrass juice,
Rejuvelac, or Energy Soup? These are essential
elements of the Living Food s Lifestyle.
Ann Wigmore taught that
the body heals itself when given what it needs in the way
of nutritious food, regular elimination, positive
thinking, relaxation, harmonious relationships with each
other and with nature and a desire to overcome obstacles.
The Living Food s Lifestyle is a wholistic approach to
Experience this lifestyle. Learn how to take
responsibility for your own health and well-being. Learn how
to eat for nourishment so your body receives what it needs
for maximum vitality. Come to get well. Come to stay well.
Move ahead with us to build a healthier you and a healthier
Dr. Ann Wigmore taught disease from
deficiency and toxemia can be healed with with living food s.
or Mail to:
Ann Wigmore Foundation
P.O. Box 399
San Fidel, NM 87049
Wheatgrass; Secret of the Ages
Nature's own concentrated nutrient source!
Chlorophyll, Potassium, Beta carotene, Protein, Fibre
Minerals - 90+, Iron, Calcium, Amino Acids - 19, Vitamins
The Role of Enzyme-Rich Living Food in Viruses and Aids
by Harvey C. Lisle
Enzymes cannot be duplicated by synthetic scientific means because they are life itself. Without enzymes which are responsible for nearly every facet of life and health, the other nutrients in our food chain, or those taken as supplements, have little chance of performing their expected benefits.
Enzymes are a necessary element for the digestion of food. The body uses its valuable store of body enzymes to help control all mental and physical functions. If your body uses its own enzymes for the digestion of depleted "dead" food that is lacking in enzymes, then it has to rob those enzymes from the other organs, which in turn weakens those organs and makes them more susceptible to degenerative diseases. The body is then prone to allergic reactions due to a deficiency in enzymes. Cancer research has discovered that certain enzymes are completely lacking in the blood and urine of cancer victims.
The biggest problem exists in these allergy prone folks, which includes the victims of AIDS, is their continual lack of enzymes. The Living Food s-Lifestyle™ puts forward every effort to supply these enzymes, creating Easy-to-Digest nourishment.
The key to Ann Wigmore's training is teaching the value of enzymes. Enzymes are the bridge between the physical and the spiritual worlds, as Rudolf Steiner taught before her time. Raw food may be rich in hundreds of enzymes. Viruses may have no enzymes at all, or one, or at best a few. It appears that it takes the surplus of enzymes that occur in raw food to overcome the deficiency of enzymes in the viruses.
Even as I believe enzymes to be entities which live between the physical and spiritual worlds, so viruses also live between these worlds. This makes them extremely difficult to work with from a scientific standpoint. Science is not yet fully geared to accept spiritual realities, although considerable progress inevitably is being made in this direction. It is only as we realize that spiritual realities of enzymes and viruses that we will be able to work with them on a realistic basis.
How Enzymes Work in Our Body
Why Living Food
Healthy Meals need to contain, enzymes, vitamins, minerals and other elements which nature provides in living food to be used as nourishment. We have learned much about these minerals, vitamins, protein etc., but most of us neglect to learn about life force -- the energy which activates our cells (the Kirlian pictures at this site say it all -- worth the wait to down load.)... and makes our life on the material planet possible. Enzymes literally transform the tissues in the body from old to new; they perform the marriage between the nutrients in the body. They are the catalysts, joining together various elements in the food we use as nourishment.
The cells are the workers; they cleanse, build, and regulate the body's machinery. The cells are what keep the body healthy and young. The right combination of elements such as Vitamin(s) C, D, E, etc., minerals, protein, and enzymes are necessary in order to feed these cells. Everything in the body and all things in life depend on each other.
Enzymes in the pancreas convert the protein into various body building blocks, known as amino acids. Enzymes work as a team with vitamins and minerals. The enzymes in our saliva start the digestive process, especially breaking down starch. Enzymes supply the body with electrical energy. See site, Kirlian Photo's above.) they are this energy or the life force. Energy is in all living food; enzymes are the converters and take care of the body's needs. People who eat living food have high vibrations or higher conciousness which means that the body's positive and negative poles are in balance. Enzymes make the balance possible. When the body becomes imbalanced, sickness, and old age are present. At the present time it is evident that the lack of enzymes are creating our serious health problems such as AIDS, and drug and alchohol abuse.
Discovery of Enzymes
Dr. Buckner did much research on enzymes over 100 years ago. He learned how enzymes worked and how their activity was stopped when heat, acid, or cold evironment was present. Dr. Buckner also discovered the powerful contribution they made in the body when they were active. He learned that the body did not manufacture metabolic enzymes if the body was unbalanced. Every individual realizes that energy is essential if there is a desire to be active; activity is an expression of life. Many factors are contributing to this. This is the reason why so many people are using different stimulants - coffee, drugs, candy, stimulating herbs, excessive stimulating spices and even stronger stimulants to force the energy. These unnatural methods that are bringing energy to the body (actually - drawing down on stored energy at an accelerated rate, without adequate replacement); - are harmful to the physical body and causes disturbances of the mind. It alters the brain and causes it to act abnormally and distructively. (Just look around you.) Lasting energy comes from living food that nourishes the cells. Food must be easy to digest if we wish to experience an abundance of energy which will be naturally lasting. Let us recieve energy through uncooked living food. Every person that desires to survive must adjust to a lifestyle using this living energy food. This will make us all channels for the betterment of the planet. By providing the bodies brain cells with the balance it needs, the normal functions manifest in our natural thinking, feeling and actions.
Process of Digestion
This is essential knowledge. Enzymes assist in breaking down the food so that it can dissolve and pass through the intestinal wall and into the bloodstream, thus feeding the cells. Enzymes act as an agent to breakdown particles of food into energy giving sugar. Enzymes are co-workers with cells and actually construct food substances into building materials. They might be thought of as the worker bee of the body. They never rest and are very versatile. They break up food for nourishment so that nutrients can be absorbed into the blood. They also help prepare the waste so it can be carried to the kidneys and thrown out of the body. Enzymes act as means to take care of the fat which comes into the body as living food. In pure types of protein such as meat, there is a lack of enzymes which makes it (nearly) impossible to digest or assimilate. Enzymes are the key to well-being. Radiation treatments (on Food) destroy enzymes and vitamins, thus making the body unbalanced. Many prescription drugs do this also.
This organ is more of a storage place for food than an organ of digestion. Living Food generally remains in the stomach anywhere from thirty minutes to two hours, depending on the amount a person has eaten. At the end of the stomach is a muscle where vigorous movement and contraction takes place. The muscular end churns food and mixes it with digestive juices and enzymes. In the walls of the stomach there are glands which produce gastric juices which are alkaline. This helps to digest starches. The gastric juices are the producers of smell, taste, color, hunger, etc. The stomach is like a rubber ball. It expands and contracts depending on the amount put in it. When the stomach is empty, a person may experience hunger pangs, usually for certain cravings such as sweets. This is especially true when there is a lack of adequate nourishment.
Problems in this organ are generally a cause of indigestion. If the food does not contain vitamins and enzymes, the gallbladder fails to produce bile which is needed to digest fats, etc. Understanding and care must be taken for assurance of good digestion. Constipation can manifest itself if there is a digestion problem. If this health problem is present, one can experience fullness, nausea, edema of the ankles, halitosis, etc. Moreover, any treatment for these problems cannot solve the condition unless a careful plan is made to enhance the diet with uncooked food loaded with enzymes. Enzymes and balanced trace minerals, will correct the situation. Enzymes and proteins are the building blocks for mental and physical well-being.
What Living Food Contains Enzymes?
The best enzyme living food s are fermented seeds, grain or vegetables. Greens, vegetables, sprouts, weeds and wheatgrass have a different kind of enzyme. The fermented living food s contain enzymes which are predigested and contain complete amino acids which are needed for healthy meals. Juices from sprouts, greens, and vegetables are also easy to digest and are a healthy food. These foods along with the rules below can eliminate digestive problems and help the body to heal itself.
- Chew food very well - until it is completely liquid. The blended living food s (those that have become nearly liquid in a blender) are very helpful for our present time when lack of enzymes are experienced in 80% of our society.
- Eat only when hungry and never overeat - Learn to trust your body. Sometimes several small meals eaten frequently are better than eating three large ones. (But do observe transit times and an empty stomach between meals.)
- Do NOT drink with meals - this washes the food down before the enzymes can go into action.
- Avoid constipation - This health problem can be a major cause of cancer, IB, colitis etc. The person with digestion problems must keep away from such foods as , meat, milk, cheese, bread, chocolate, candy, and even citrus fruit. (Citrus fruit is picked too green.)
These simple ideas can help one to eliminate digestion and health problems. Over 90% of Americans are suffering with those conditions. For this reason, we blend many of our living food s and ferment many others to give added enzymes.
Ann Wigmore Foundation, P.O. Box 399, San Fidel, NM 87049, tel. 505-552-0595
- is a non-profit educational and research center, implementing the principles of living food and wheatgrass chlorophyll for the restoration and maintenance of vibrant health and high energy living
- is an internationally acclaimed Living Food Lifestyle expert, who has dedicated her life to teaching others the simplicity and value of the Living Food Lifestyle. She has spent over thirty years in the study of nutrition and the fundamental laws of nature. Thousands of people have overcome chronic illnesses by following this lifestyle. Founder of the Hippocrates Health Institute in Boston, as well as the founder of the Rising Sun Foundation, she has authored dozens of books and booklets and has lectured in thirty five countries. She teaches a "learning-by-doing' approach to health, inspiring students to take 100% RESPONSIBILITY for their health and well-being by growing their own wheatgrass greens, and by preparing easy-to-digest nourishment. This nourishment is optimal to feed the body efficiently and to give it the energy it needs to heal itself. The teaching program makes it possible for students to continue a healthy lifestyle when they leave the Institute; it provides a way to thoroughly maintain the new well-being and contours achieved during the teaching program.
Ann Wigmore Institute for Research
- an educational facility in Aguado, Puerto Rico provides an idyllic setting for learning the living food lifestyle. The supportive environment combines clean air and water, abundant sunlight and an ideal climate for allowing the diseased, allergic, under or overweight body to heal and rejuvenate. Dr. Wigmore has taught there at regular intervals during her years.
Dr. Wigmore (is and her successors) are excited to be pursuing her mission of educating people about the self-healing properties of the body. If you have an "incurable" disease, an allergy or a weight problem, this is a rare opportunity to learn about the vary real and well-proven healing available to you when you turn back to nature and follow its laws. This tropical paradise helps to facilitate the means of healing. The warm weather and delightful sunshine help the student relax and enjoy regular exercise in a beautiful setting. The abundance of organic and rich vegetation provide the basis for wonderful Living Food meals prepared by a loving, dedicated staff. The students can fill their lungs with clean, clear Caribbean air and connect with Nature in a country environment right on the ocean. Since Nature needs time to heal and the students must be educated to continue the program when they leave, a one month stay is suggested.
Ann Wigmore Foundation - New Mexico
- Learn More Click Here - to Learn More about our 10 day Living Food health retreats.
and other excerpts from "The Wheatgrass Book" by Ann Wigmore
on The Benefits of Wheatgrass
Increases red blood cell count, lowers blood pressure...It cleanses the blood, organs and gastrointestinal tract of debris. It stimulates metabolism and bodily enzyme systems in enriching the blood by increasing red blood cell count, and in dilating the blood pathways throughout the body, reducing blood pressure.
Stimulates the thyroid, correcting obesity, indigestion, etc. The thyroid gland is also stimulated and normalized by the use of wheat grass juice - an important step toward the correction of obesity, indigestion and a host of other complaints.
Restores alkalinity to the blood...Wheatgrass has an alkalizing effect on the blood. Its abundance of alkaline minerals helps reduce overacidity in the blood. It can be used to relieve many internal pains. It has been used successfully to treat peptic ulcers, ulcerative colitis, constipation, diarrhea, and other complaints of the gastrointestinal tract.
How to drink it...Ann Wigmore suggests drinking Wheatgrass juice in small amounts throughout the course of the day, always on an empty or nearly empty stomach. In general, two to four ounces every day or every other day is sufficient. Slowly sipping small quantities of the juice gives your body an opportunity to get used to its taste and effect. Taking one to two-ounce drinks straight or mixed with other juices (fruit & vegetable) and sipping slowly, will help prevent nausea or stomach upset. On a healing regime, Ann suggests you drink one or two oz up to 3 or 4 x a day. And to take one day of rest.
Powerful detoxifier and liver and blood protector...The enzymes and amino acids found in Wheatgrass can protect us from carcinogens like no other food or medicine can. It strengthens our cells, detoxifies the liver, bloodstream, and chemically neutralizes environmental pollutants.
Fights tumors and neutralizes toxins....Recent studies show that Wheatgrass juice has a powerful ability to fight tumors without the usual toxicity of drugs that also inhibit cell-destroying agents. The many active compounds found in grass juice can cleanse the blood and neutralize and digest toxins in our cells.
Whether you have a cut finger you want to heal or you desire to lose five pounds...enzymes must do the actual work. The life and abilities of the enzymes found naturally in our bodies can be extended if we help them from the outside by adding exogenous enzymes, like the ones found in Wheatgrass juice.
Remarkable similarity to our own blood...The 2nd important nutritional aspect of chlorophyll is its remarkable similarity' to hemoglobin, the compound that carries oxygen in the blood. Dr. Hagiwara a Japanese science and health educator, is a leading advocate for the use of grass as food and medicine. He reasons that since chlorophyll is soluble in fat particles, and since fat particles are absorbed directly in to the blood via the lymphatic system, that chlorophyll can also be absorbed in this way. In other words, when the "blood" of plants is absorbed in humans it is transformed into human blood, which transports nutrients to every cell of the body.
Wheatgrass implants reverse damage from inside the lower bowel...In the case of illness, they stimulate a rapid cleansing of the lower bowel and draw out accumulations of debris. Hold for 20 minutes.
Externally eliminates itching almost immediately...Wheatgrass juice externally applied to the skin can help eliminate itching almost immediately.
It will soothe sunburned skin...and also acts as a disinfectant. Rubbed into the scalp before a shampoo, it will help mend damaged hair and alleviate itchy, scaly scalp conditions.
Wheatgrass juice is soothing and healing for...cuts, burns, scrapes, rashes, poison ivy, athlete's foot, insect bites, boils, sores , open ulcers, tumors & so on.
As a sleep aid...merely place a tray of living Wheatgrass near the head of your bed. It will enhance the oxygen in the air and generate healthful negative ions to help you sleep more soundly. Use as a poultice and replace every two to four hours.
Add some to your bath water...and settle in for a nice, long soak.
Gargle with wheatgrass...to sweeten the breath and firm up and tighten gums.
Don't cook it...We can only get the benefits of the many enzymes found in grass by eating it uncooked. Cooking destroys 100 percent of the enzymes in food.
Neutralizes toxins...Wheatgrass neutralizes toxic substances like cadmium, nicotine, strontium, mercury and polyvinyl chloride.
The benefits of a liquid oxygen transfusion...Wheatgrass juice contains liquid oxygen. Oxygen is vital to many body processes: it stimulates digestion (the oxidation of food), clearer thinking (the brain utilizes 25 percent of the bodily oxygen supply), and protective oxygenation of the blood (a defense against anaerobic bacteria). Cancer cells cannot exist in the presence of oxygen.
Turns gray hair to its natural color again, raises energy levels...Daily consumption of Wheatgrass and sprouts can turn gray hair to its natural color again, and give you a limitless energy level.
Beauty treatment that slows down the aging process...Wheatgrass will cleanse your blood and help rejuvenate aging cells, slowing the aging process down, way down, making you feel more alive now. It will help tighten loose and sagging skin.
Lessens effect of radiation...One enzyme found in Wheatgrass, SOD, lessens the effects of radiation and acts as an anti-inflammatory compound that may prevent cellular damage following heart attacks or exposure to irritants.
Restores fertility...Wheatgrass restores fertility and promotes youthfulness.
Just soaking in it can double your red blood cell count...Dr. Bernard Jensen, found that none of the blood builders are superior to green juices and Wheatgrass. In his book Chlorophyll Magic from Living Plant Life, he mentions several cases where he was able to double the red blood cell count in a matter of days merely by having patients soak in a chlorophyll-water bath. Blood building results occur even more rapidly when patients drink green juices and Wheatgrass regularly.
Ann Wigmore on her own experience with wheatgrass...At fifty years of age my hair was gray, I had a terrible case of colitis and other colon problems, I suffered from low energy and had no clear direction in life. Out of desperation I turned to nature for relief. ...In Wheatgrass, raw foods and exercise, I found what I feel is as close to the fountain of youth as we are going to get. Twenty-five years after my discovery, my hair was turned fully natural brown again. My weight has been a stable 119 and my energy level is limitless...
What's So Great About Wheat Grass Juice?*
1. Wheatgrass juice is 70% chlorophyll.
2. Chlorophyll is the first product of light and contains more light energy than any other element.
3. Wheatgrass juice is a crude chlorophyll and can be taken orally and as a colon implant without toxic side effects.
4. Chlorophyll is the basis of all plant life.
5. Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. The brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly-oxygenated environment.
6. Chlorophyll is anti-bacterial and can be used inside and outside the body as a healer.
7. Dr. Bernard Jensen says that it only takes minutes to digest Wheatgrass juice and uses up very little body energy.
8. Science has proven that chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria.
9. Chlorophyll (Wheatgrass) rebuilds the bloodstream. Studies of various animals have shown chlorophyll to be free of any toxic reaction. The red cell count was returned to normal with 4 to 5 days of the administration of chlorophyll, even in those animals which were known to be extremely anemic or low in red cell count.
10. Farmers in the Midwest who have sterile cows and bulls put them on Wheatgrass to restore fertility. (The high magnesium content in chlorophyll builds enzymes that restore the sex hormones.)
11. Chlorophyll can be extracted from many plants, but Wheatgrass is superior because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man. If grown in organic soil, it absorbs 92 of the known 102 minerals from the soil.
12. Wheatgrass has what is called the grass juice factor, which has been shown to keep herbivorous animals alive indefinitely.
13. Dr. Ann Wigmore has been helping people get well from chronic disorders for 30 years using Wheatgrass.
14. Liquid chlorophyll gets into the tissues, refines them, and makes them over.
15. Wheatgrass juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot juice and other fruits and vegetables. Dr. Earp Thomas, associate of Ann Wigmore, says that 15 pounds of Wheatgrass is the equivalent of 350 pounds of carrots, lettuce, celery and so on.
16. Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body.
17. Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body.
18. Chlorophyll helps purify the liver.
19. Chlorophyll improves blood sugar problems.
20. Wheatgrass juice cures acne and even removes scars after it has been ingested for seven to eight months. The diet must be improved at the same time.
21. In The American Journal of Surgery (1940), Benjamin Cruskin. M.D. recommended chlorophyll: to clear up foul-smelling odors, neutralize strep infections, heal wounds, hasten skin grafting, cure chronic sinusitis, overcome chronic inner-ear inflammation and infections, reduce varicose veins and heal leg ulcers, eliminate impetigo and other scabby eruptions, heal rectal sores, successfully treat inflammation of the uterine cervix, get rid of parasitic vaginal infections, reduce typhoid fever, and cure advanced pyorrhea in many cases.
22. Wheatgrass juice acts as a detergent in the body and is used as a body deodorant.
23. A small amount of Wheatgrass juice in the human diet prevents tooth decay.
24. Wheatgrass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will eliminate toothaches and poisons from gums.
25. Gargle with wheatgrass juice for a sore throat.
26. Pyorrhea of the mouth: lay pulp of Wheatgrass soaked in juice on diseased area in mouth or chew Wheatgrass. Spit out out pulp.
27. Drink Wheatgrass juice for skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis.
28. Wheatgrass juice keeps the hair from graying.
29. By taking Wheatgrass juice, one may feel a difference in strength, endurance, health, and spirituality and experience a sense of well-being.
30. Wheatgrass juice improves the digestion.
31. It is great for blood disorders of all kinds.
32. Wheatgrass juice is high in enzymes.
33. Wheatgrass juice is an excellent skin cleanser and can be absorbed through the skin for nutrition. Pour green juice over your body in a tub of warm water and soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with cool water.
34. Wheatgrass implants (enemas) are great for healing and detoxifying the colon walls. The implants also heal and cleanse the internal organs. After an enema, wait 20 minutes, then implant 4-ounces of Wheatgrass juice. Retain or 20 minutes.
35. Wheatgrass juice is great for constipation and keeping the bowels open. It is high in magnesium.
36. Dr. Birscher a research scientist, called chlorophyll "concentrated sun power." He said, “Chlorophyll increases the function of the heart, affects the vascular system, the intestines, the uterus and the lungs."
37. According to Dr. Birscher, nature uses chlorophyll (Wheatgrass) as a body cleanser, rebuilder and neutralizer of toxins.
38. Wheatgrass juice can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gasses. The effect of carbon monoxide is minimized since chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production.
39. Wheatgrass juice reduces high blood pressure as it enhances the capillaries.
40. Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
*This information is derived from the writings of doctors and research scientists and is not meant to replace the services of your physician, but offered as educational information.
Ann Wigmore Foundation - New Mexico
- Learn More Learn More on Wheatgrass & about our 10 day health retreats & Living Food.